2023-2024 BHS Blaze Band Registration!!!
All current and incoming BHS Blaze Band students who are registered for a band class must also complete this registration. Here is what needs to be completed:
- Fill out the online registration for each student joining band (link above). Siblings will need to register separately.
- Read through the Blackman Blaze Band Handbook (click here).
- Print and fill out the Permission and Release Form (click here).
- Forms may be dropped off at BHS or mailed to:
BHS Band Boosters
3956 Blaze Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37128
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blaze Band Calendar 2023-2024 (click here)
Band Summer Dates (click here)
Band Camp Information (click here)
Student Responsibility List (click here)
Absentee Form (click here)
Click HERE for a PDF of the 2023-2024 Blaze Band Calendar.
May 24: Drumline Mini Camp, 3:45pm-5:45pm
July 18-20: Drumline and Color Guard Camp, 9am to 5pm
July 24-28: Band Camp, 8am to 5pm
August 1: Rehearsal and Uniform Fittings 4p to 6p
August 3: Rehearsal, Uniform Fittings, & New Student Orientation Performance 4p to 6:30p
BLAZE BAND Calendar of Events, 2023-2024
Football Band Rehearsals: Thursdays, August-October (3:50-6pm)
Drumline Rehearsals: Mondays, August-September (3:45-5:45pm)
Guard Rehearsals: Tuesdays, August-September (4-6pm)
August 18: Brentwood – HOME
August 25: at Stewarts Creek (We will meet at SCHS.)
September 1: Ravenwood – HOME (8th Grade Night)
September 8: at Summit (We will take buses.)
September 15: at Oakland (We will meet at OHS.)
September 22: Siegel – HOME
September 29: Pure Academy – HOME (Homecoming/Alumni Night)
October 13: at Riverdale (We will meet at RHS.)
October 20: at Rockvale (We will meet at RHS.)
October 27: Coffee County – HOME (SENIOR Night)
Playoff Games TBA, Games begin at 7pm.
September 12: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
September 19: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
September 21: Fall Concert, 7pm (NO FOOTBALL BAND PRACTICE)
November 18: 11-12 Midstate & Jazz Auditions
November 28: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
December 5: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
December 7: PRISM Concert, 7pm
December 9: 9-10 Midstate Auditions
December 10: Murfreesboro Christmas Parade, 2pm (tentative)
January 11-13: Mid-State Jazz & Orchestra Clinic @ BMS & BHS
January 18-20: Mid-State Band Clinic, location TBD
January 30: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
February 6: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
February 8: POPS Concert, 7pm
March TBA: Freshmen Orientation
April 10-13: TMEA/All State Convention, Opryland Hotel & Convention Center
April 15: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
April 23: Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
April 25: Spring Band Concert, 7pm
May TBA: Band Awards Ceremony & Graduation
May 4: M’Boro Jazz Fest
May 6: Percussion Dress Rehearsal (3:45-6pm)
May 7: Percussion Concert, 7pm
May 13: Band Meeting for 2024-2025 Band Members & Parents
May 20-21: Mini Camp
Use this for payments with no set amount, like private lessons, custom payment arrangements for student fees, and online donations.
Have You Linked Your Kroger Card Yet?
Support The Band In Minutes! – Every Time You Shop at Kroger!
– Visit The Kroger Website (link provided below)
– Register / Create An Account
– You’ll Enter An Email Address and A Password
– Once Logged In, Go To Account Summary
– At The Bottom Of Summary, You’ll See Community Rewards –> Click On The Enroll Button
– Enter Your Information
– Next, Search For The Band Boosters of Blackman High School (simply search Blackman in the search box)
– *** Note – Be Sure to Select The Band Boosters of Blackman High School From The List
*Your total purchases will not be changed or any additional fees added, we receive a percentage of total sales from registered users.
That’s It! It’s That Easy!
Your Blackman Band Will Receive Support Every Time You Shop With Your Kroger Card.
Support The Blaze Band With The Items You’re Already Purchasing Online – Click Through The Amazon Banner Below
- The next Band Booster Meeting is Tuesday September 12 at 7pm in the BHS Band Room. Come & find out how you can support our amazing students & band program!
- Students have 2 upcoming dress rehearsals after school: Tuesday, Sept. 12 and Sept. 19. Concert Band will rehearse 3:45-4:30; Symphonic Band 4:30-5:15, and Wind Ensemble 5:15-6pm. These times are approximate! Students do NOT dress in concert attire for the dress rehearsals. The fall concert is Thursday, Sept. 21 at 7pm in the BHS Auditorium.
- This Friday we have an away game at Oakland High School. Students will MEET at Oakland HS. Click here for a detailed itinerary.
- Objectives pages for Quarter 1 are under the RESOURCES tab.
- All students should have the following completed: online registration, medical form notarized & turned in, uniform fittings/shoes & gloves ordered.
- All families need to sign up to work ONE game for Titans. The sign-up genius is HERE.
- We need YOUR help! The Kroger card system has changed and each family needs to go to the Kroger website and register your card with “The Band Boosters of Blackman High School.” Information on how to do that is obtained by clicking the following link and downloading the instructions: KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- We are looking for businesses and organizations to become Blaze Band Partners!